What is Infrared Thermography and why do we offer this service?
Infrared Thermography is the technique for producing an image of invisible infrared light emitted by objects due to their thermal condition.
Infrared inspections can help to identify and document the following:
- overloaded and undersized circuits.
- circuit breakers in need of immediate replacement.
- missing, damaged, and/or wet insulation.
- heat loss in walls, ceilings, floors, windows, doors.
- air infiltration in walls, ceilings, floors, windows and doors.
- water and moisture intrusion that could lead to mold.
- possible pest infestation.
- hidden roof leaks, before they cause serious damage.
- air conditioner compressor leaks.
- under fastening and/or missing framing members.
- structural defects.
- broken seals in double pane windows.
- damaged and/or malfunctioning radiant heating systems.
- unknown plumbing leaks.
- overheated equipment and more …
Thermography can be used as part of buying a used home, a newly constructed home or of an assessment of your existing home. The inspector can only perform Thermal Imaging in specific areas under specific conditions. Please discuss this.
ACISS Home & Commercial Inspection Consultants offers this service as extra to our visual home inspection for an additional fee. Please contact us for pricing.